Bread is usually associated with gluten, and this is one of the reasons why some people avoid it. Most people tend to use Xanthan gum as the gluten replacer, but we do not use it in these recipes. They are easy to make, very delicious, and you will love them.
There are many fantastic gluten-free recipes for the bread machine for you to try at home. If you are thinking of ditching gluten and try gluten-free bread, this is the article for you.
Chia Grain-Free Bread
This bread is gluten-free and low carb. Chia is perfect for this recipe, and it makes a moist crumb. The bread has a light texture but firm and cuts thinly for sandwiches with ease. It also gives the bread a delicate flavour. The bread is healthy. It becomes much more comfortable and faster after making it for a while.
You need wet ingredients for the recipe, and they include;
- Warm water
- Olive oil
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Organic eggs
Just whisk them together and put them in the bottom layer of the bread machine.
The dry ingredients to use are;
- Gluten-free ground chia seeds
- Gluten-free coconut flour
- Cane sugar
- Ground psyllium husks
- Potato starch
- Bean flour or millet flour
- Almond meal flour
- Dried milk.
Grind any significant bits, mix and sift them and then put in the second layer of the bread machine.
Additional ingredients for the top layer of the bread machine are;
- SAF instant yeast
Recipe notes; making the chia bread
- Ensure that the yeast is fresh.
- The dough should be thicky and sticky.
- After kneading, smooth the top to keep it warm.
Perfect Gluten Free Bread
The bread is delicious and has an ideal and springy texture. It is soft and chewy and has a firm crust. It is simple and easy to make.
To make this bread, you will need;
- Bread machine
- Cooling rack
- Oil or butter
- 1 ¼ cups of water
- Three eggs
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of honey and sugar
- 3 ¼ cups of gluten-free baking flour
- 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
The instructions on how to make the perfect bread;
- Add the ingredient as on the list into the loaf pan.
- Place the pan in the machine and set the gluten-free mode and then select start to start kneading.
- After kneading, the dough will rise, and then it bakes.
- The place on the cooling rack and slide the bread out. Then remove the paddle.
- You can now enjoy it and store the leftovers.
Gluten Free Beer Bread
This beer bread is easy to make and delicious. To bring some twist on the traditional sandwich bread, it uses gluten-free beer. The beer gives the bread a beautiful lift and creates a light and airy structure. For those who would prefer to skin beer, you can use club soda, sparkling water or gingerale. They will all change the bread taste. With this recipe, you can also bake dinner rolls or hamburger buns.
Ingredients to make the beer bread include;
Dry ingredients you need include;
- gwhole grain bread mix or 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- Dry milk powder or non-diary milk powder.
- Sea salt
- Granulated cane sugar
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Honey ( optional)
- Sesame seeds or any topping of choices
- Milk ( dairy or soy or coconut)
- Rapid rise or bread machine yeast
- Gluten-free beer or sparkling water at room temperature
Recipe notes for this beer bread;
- All the ingredients need to be at room temperature.
- Add liquid ingredients to the pan then dry ingredients and yeast.
- Use the gluten-free setting
For instructions and more information on making this recipe, read this article by Jules Shepard
Gluten-free, vegan bread
This homemade gluten-free recipe is quick and straightforward to prepare. It is also dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and soy-free.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Ingredients to make this vegan bread include;
- 400ml tepid bottled water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil + extra
- 450 g Free From Fairy plain gluten-free flour blend
- 2 ¼ teaspoons of Allinson Easy bake yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoon of psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon of rock or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Filtered water
Instructions for making the bread are;
- Put the ingredients in the pan as they are listed.
- On the machine, select the gluten-free setting or the quick bread program.
- When the bread rises, pour a little oil before the baking cycle begins. You can also scatter with seeds.
- Once complete, remove the pan from the machine and let it cool.
- Since it is homemade, it will dry a day or two after baking. It will only be good for toast but not for sandwiches.
- You can slice and freeze it if you want it last longer.
This recipe is by Vicki Montague, and this link has more information you will find useful when making this bread.
Whole grain gluten-free
The bread is excellent, and you will enjoy it. If you want to make buns, use the dough setting and place the dough in the baking sheets. Use wet fingers to smooth the loaf or muffins. You can also ease the dough before it rises.
Ingredients to make this bread include;
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- ½ cup of millet flour
- ½ cup of tapioca starch
- ¼ cup of sweet rice flour
- ¼ cup of teff flour
- ¼ cup of ground flax
- 2 tablespoons of psyllium husk
- 2 ½ teaspoons of guar gum
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups of warm water
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 2 ¾ teaspoons of active dry yeast.
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of milk powder
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
The instructions on preparing bread; (total time for this bread is 3 hours
- In a bowl, mix all the flours, psyllium husk, ground flax, cornstarch and the guar gum.
- Place the rest of the ingredient and the cornstarch mixtures as per the list. Stir them with a wooden spoon to combine yeast with the other ingredients.
- On the machine, select the quick or rapid bake cycle for 2 hours. Then select the dark crust setting to bake for 50 minutes.
This fantastic and simple recipe is by Caroline Booy, and you can find it on allrecipes for more details on the preparation.
Gluten-free bread machine recipe
This bread recipe is by Sarah Nielsen. Best to eat it when warm and fresh. It is a tasty treat for the family. Click here for information which may not be on this article.
Ingredients necessary for this bread are;
- Gluten-free flour mix
- Active dry yeast
- Kosher salt
- Warm water
- Eggs at room temperature
- Olive oil or any other of choice
You can also include brown rice, sorghum and tapioca starch
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (Do not include the yeast).
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, honey and water and add the flax mixture(ground flaxseed and boiling water) to them.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the machine
- Add the dry ingredients on top of them.
- On the machine, select the gluten-free setting.
- When the cycle is complete, remove the bread.
- Let it cool completely then you can cut and serve.
With these fantastic gluten-free recipes, you can try them at your home. Sometimes, you might have to try more than once, but it is worth it and fun. Furthermore, the machine will be doing more of the work, and it is cheaper to make than buy.